Associate Electrical Engineer - Power Delivery
Under immediate supervision of the Manager or other designated professional electrical engineer, this position assists electrical engineers with analysis and design work. The incumbent must be able to assist in design of electric power distribution, transmission, substation and renewable projects and capable to learn and understand basic electrical engineering principles.
- Ability to learn and operate CADD processes required for electrical engineering design
- Establish working knowledge of electrical engineering methodologies, terminologies, and techniques.
- Perform basic line layout/routing, substation layout/equipment plans to complete required design calculations and production
- Assist in electrical engineering final design drawings and documentation.
- Perform internal technical consulting for communications and power construction business lines
- Keep department manager informed of status of all projects relative to pre-established expectations.
- Ability to work with others while maintaining a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
Other Functions of Position:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate within the organization.
- Must have good PC skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Shall possess a four year Bachelor of Science or Technology degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent amount of experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Must demonstrate technical capabilities to effectively perform the job duties and responsibilities.