Associate Electrical Engineer - Power Generation
RLC Engineering is seeking a Associate Electrical Engineer to join their team of professionals. Under general supervision of the Manager or other designated professional electrical engineers, this position performs a substantial role working on design of electric power distribution, transmission, substation and renewable projects. The incumbent must be competent to operate CADD processes, line layout/routing, substation layout/equipment plans, along with the ability to complete required design calculations and production of both preliminary and final design drawings and documentation. The incumbent must be able to work on project types that will include design of substation facilities and or aerial and underground electric distribution and transmission lines.
- Ability to learn and operate CADD processes required for electrical engineering design
- Establish working knowledge of electrical engineering methodologies, terminologies, and techniques.
- Perform basic line layout/routing, substation layout/equipment plans to complete required design calculations and production
- Assist in electrical engineering final design drawings and documentation.
- Perform internal technical consulting for communications and power construction business lines
- Keep department manager informed of status of all projects relative to pre-established expectations.
- Ability to work with others while maintaining a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Bachelor degree in electrical or power engineering required
- EIT status is required
- Experience in the design of electrical transmission and/or distribution desired
- Experience in the design of substation facilities desired
- Familiarity with PLS CADD and ETAP is a plus
Desired Experience and Skills
- Knowledge in equipment sizing and selection (Breakers, Switches, Transformers) is a plus
- Experience in conduit and cable tray sizing calculations, service load calculations, and voltage drop calculations is a plus
- Experience in electrical wiring diagrams is a plus
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) is a plus