Associate Power System Engineer
RLC Engineering is seeking an Associate Power System Engineer to join their team of professionals. Under immediate supervision of the Manager or other designated professional power system engineer, this position assists power system engineers with analysis and study work. The incumbent must be able to assist in power system database manipulation and capable to learn and understand basic power system calculation methodologies, terminologies, and techniques.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Ability to learn and operate power system software tools required for performing power system engineering studies.
- Establish working knowledge of power system calculation methodologies, terminologies, and techniques.
- Gather data and perform basic power system database manipulation work required for studies and analyses.
- Assist in power system studies while developing the ability to analyze results.
- Maintain basic understanding of power system analysis tools and their operation.
- Keep department manager informed of status of all projects relative to pre-established expectations.
- Ability to work with others while maintaining a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
Other Functions of Position:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate within the organization.
- Must have good PC skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Shall possess a four year Bachelor of Science or Technology degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent amount of experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Must demonstrate technical capabilities to effectively perform the job duties and responsibilities.