Beaver Ridge Wind
Beaver Ridge Wind is a 4.5 megawatt, 3-turbine wind project. This was the second operational wind farm in Maine. RLC provided engineering, communications, and commissioning oversight services for the 34.5 kV collector system, project interconnection and turbine to SCADA communications.
Scope of Services:
- Designed structures and specified materials & equipment for the construction of a 34.5 kV combination aerial and underground collector system.
- Designed ground grid for wind turbines.
- Developed conduit plan for GSU transformers and turbine foundation.
- Specified low voltage breaker between turbine & GSU.
- Designed 0.5 mile 34.5 kV aerial line.
- Directed construction and commissioning of all medium voltage electric facilities.
- Coordinated interconnection study process with transmission owner.
- Coordinated project energization.
- Developed relay settings for intertie breaker.
- Diagnosed 34.5 kV intertie recloser inoperability issues.
- Developed operational procedures.
- Installed Cisco firewall with remote access VPN at wind farm. Implemented server backup hardware, strategies, and procedures for disaster recovery.