Under general supervision of the Manager or other designated Senior Design Engineers, this position performs a substantial role in electrical drawings using AutoCAD or Microstation. The incumbent must be competent in various software packages so as to develop electrical drawings for all phases of the engineering design. The incumbent must also be capable of sketches, notes, and other input material to determine the best approach to prepare drawings. The incumbent must also possess an understanding of operating a CAD workstation with proficiency in a fast-paced engineering firm.
- Work closely with senior design engineers to develop electrical drawings using AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Shall be familiar with the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in ONE or more of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Substation Design, Civil Engineering, or PLS CADD.
- Shall maintain a working knowledge of internal and external CADD standards and the drawing database.
- Revise or prepare drawings (CADD and manual) with neatness and a minimum of errors.
- Assist in the gathering of survey information and the development of plans and maps from field notes.
- Perform tasks such as digitizing, copying and scanning of drawings, prints and maps.
- Assist in the acquisition of on-site field data to accomplish the design or to monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
- Generate drawing transmittals as may be required.
- Maintain accurate drawing records by entering and maintaining drawing database information.
- Self check all work and check the work of others as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Associates Degree preferred with one year AutoCAD experience, or AutoCAD certification, with two years of demonstrated success in the functions outlined in the above job responsibilities.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD (experience with 3D platforms a plus).
- Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail on time and within budget.
- Team oriented and willing to put in the time and effort necessary to see a project through to successful completion.
- Proficient in MS Office programs.
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical drawings and specifications.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision. Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and focus attention to PC monitor for prolonged periods.
- Ability to operate and maintain CAD equipment, plotter and other drawing reproduction equipment.