Under general supervision of the Manager or other designated Senior Designer this position performs a substantial role in designing and developing layouts for electrical circuits or systems for power distribution. The incumbent must be capable of developing effective and safe electrical diagrams by performing design computations using their engineering skills. The incumbent must also possess an understanding of engineering techniques and industrial tools and translate design requirements into specific configurations. This position may also direct the work of drafters or develop assignments with clear and specific objectives.
- Work closely with senior design engineers to develop electrical drawings using AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Develop accurate and precise product designs complying with recognized drafting standards, company practices, policies and procedures
- Develop, prepare, check and coordinate designs, drawings plus other documents needed for electrical systems
- Ability to maintain quality control over all work produced by drafters for client review and issue for construction.
- Work with electrical engineers to develop electrical designs meeting client needs
- Generate quality assurance of electrical, control detail engineering and design project deliverables
- Maintains a program of personal study to expand and improve technical and analytical skills.
- Keep department manager informed of status of all projects relative to pre-established expectations
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent) is required.
- Three plus (3+) years of related utility design experience preferred. Similar electrical consulting, or industrial design experience, will be strongly considered.
- Strong computer skills including the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook). MicroStation and Visio are also preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate both internally and externally to the organization.