Our energy storage interconnection experience in the Northeast has been steadily growing. The market for stand-alone AC-coupled systems and DC-coupled array enhancements has grown significantly in the last year and is expected to accelerate. RLC has performed conceptual design studies for projects ranging between 1 and 10 MWhr in size. RLC has also completed detailed design and construction support activities for several BESS systems. RLC provided design and engineering support for New England’s first stand-alone utility interconnected energy storage facility. Furthermore, RLC can provide our clients with a fully designed integrated solution for their energy storage needs from interconnection applications to testing and commissioning of the projects.
Scope of Services
- Design integration of the battery storage systems.
- Interconnection design.
- Generation modeling.
- Civil design of foundations.
- Electrical design for the DC wiring, auxiliary power, and control wiring systems.
- Code compliance monitoring & oversight.
- Construction management.
- Project management coordination.