General Description of Position:
This position works on design of electric power distribution, transmission, substation and renewable projects under the direct supervision of a degreed and licensed Electrical Engineer or Electrical Engineering Technologist. Support tasks will also include scope development, CADD coordination, line layout/routing, substation layout/equipment plan, completion of required design calculations, and production of both preliminary and final design drawings and documentation. Project types will include design of substation facilities and or aerial and underground electric distribution and transmission lines.
The assigned person may also work with the Protection and Controls Engineers to support the development of design and implementation of Utility/Developer Transmission/Distribution Protection Schemes.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Job scope development;
2. Coordination with CADD process;
3. Line layout/routing;
4. Substation layout/equipment plan;
5. Completion of required design calculations;
6. Production of preliminary and final electrical design drawings and documentation;
7. Production of preliminary and final protection and control system drawings and documentation.
1. Current Study in an accredited Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology Program
2. GPA of 3.0 or higher