RLC is looking for a Power System Engineer to join it’s regionally recognized Power System Studies group in Hallowell, Maine. Under general supervision of the Manager or other designated professional power system engineer, this position performs a substantial role in power system analysis and study work.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Ability to learn and operate power system software tools required for performing power system engineering studies.
- Perform power system engineering studies using various engineering software tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, ASPEN, SKM, CYME and PSCAD. Areas of study may include steady state voltage and thermal analyses, dynamic and transient stability analyses, and short circuit analyses. These studies typically help clients determine the impact and needs for interconnection of small and large generators or transmission system improvements. Alternatives to traditional transmission line solutions may also be assessed.
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate a good working knowledge of power system planning, design and operation.
- Ability to prepare written reports which explain the purpose, methodology, data requirements, recommendations and observations of power system engineering studies.
- Ability to analyze results and develop conclusions on power system problems.
- Maintains a program of personal study to expand and improve technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others while maintaining a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Keep department manager informed of status of all projects relative to pre-established expectations.
- Some participation in client business development.
- Shall possess a four year Bachelor of Science or Technology degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent amount of experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Minimum of one (1) or more years of proven work experience in power system operations or planning with emphasis on analysis and studies work.
- Must demonstrate technical capabilities to effectively perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate within the organization.
- Must have good PC skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Medical and Dental
8 paid holidays
Group Insurance including Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Long-Term Care
401(k) plan with employer match