RLC is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Power Generation group in Falmouth, ME.
This position technically leads work on the design of Power Generation projects including: job scope development, site layout/routing, design calculations, coordination with CADD process, and production of both preliminary and final design drawings and documentation. Project responsibility will include design of both AC and DC side of system sites. For Solar Systems, as an example, would include racking, panel layout, stringing, AC side collection system and utility interconnection applications.
1. Job scope development, Engineering fee determination;
2. Site design;
3. Design calculations;
4. Coordination with CADD process;
5. Production of preliminary and final design drawings and documentation;
6. Participate in the review of client Requests for Proposal and contribute to the completion of competitive project proposals and bid responses;
7. Construction support activities such as RFI, Submittals reviews and site inspections;
8. Testing and commissioning
1. Bachelor degree in electrical engineering;
2. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in electrical or power engineering;
3. EIT/PE registration required;
4. Experience in the design of solar/wind or other generation facilities;
5. Experience in the design of electrical substation, transmission and/or distribution a plus;
6. Experience in dealing with utility interface for interconnections required;
7. Project management experience recommended;
8. Use of electrical calculation software such as SKM, Cyme or other required;
9. Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, clients or regulatory personnel;
10. Proven record of accomplishment of project successes.
Medical and Dental
8 paid holidays
Group Insurance including Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Long-Term Care
401(k) plan with employer match