Our Hallowell, Maine office is looking for a Social Media and Marketing Intern to help carry out and improve our evolving social media and marketing functions.
General Description of Position:
The ideal applicant for this position is a self-motivated, self-starting individual who is seeking an opportunity to collaborate within a growing organization to create and evolve a new position within the company. This paid-internship will require 30-40 hours a week of commitment from May 2019 – August 2019. With a successful candidate, this position could turn into a full-time position beyond August. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the website redesign, LinkedIn, website optimization and conducting keyword analysis. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
The Social Media and Marketing Intern will report directly to the Internal Operations Manager.
• Develop content calendars on a weekly/monthly basis
• Monitor analytics with the marketing team to identify viable ideas
• Creation of social media content
• Ability to keep LinkedIn up-to-date
• LinkedIn Recruiting experience a plus but not required
• Ability to create compelling analytics to drive social media and marketing approaches
• Update LinkedIn based on current events
Additional/Other Administrative Duties as Assigned
This position also offers administrative support to various departments as need arises.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field (or within a year of completion)
• Absent a degree, 2 plus years’ experience in social media/marketing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be a self-motivated individual that is able to work independently and problem-solve, as necessary
• Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics preferred
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop a plus but not required
• A strong commitment to RLC’s mission and core values