Senior Relay Protection Engineer
RLC Engineering is seeking a Senior Relay Protection Engineer to join their team of professionals. This position will serve as the department’s technical advisor and mentor for other Protection Engineers within the group. The incumbent must be well versed in the Transmission and Distribution protection schemes implemented by the Major New England Utilities and will be responsible for system protection engineering associated with electrical protective relay systems for generation, as well as transmission and distribution systems.
- Provide technical guidance for various relay setting schemes for basic and advanced system topologies to ensure quality of deliverables while meeting individual client preferences.
- Using Aspen as a primary tool to run various cases, interpret results and develop best possible bus, transformer, generator and line protection settings.
- Provide effective project planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of relay settings work activities including communication progress information to management, preparation and/or reviews of project scopes, concepts and quality control measures.
- Lead internal training and development, implementation and monitoring other staff development initiatives.
- Participate in marketing to clients, the review of client Requests for Proposal and contribute to the completion of competitive project proposals and bid responses.
- Assume responsibilities for all aspects of deliverables as they pertain to relay settings.
- Assume Project Management responsibilities as required to manage scope, schedule and budget for Relay Settings Projects.
- Attend meetings and conferences and researches, as necessary, to keep informed of technical development in the power industry as it pertains to Transmission and Distribution Protection.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience focused on the development of protection philosophies, modeling of transmission/distribution systems and relay settings development.
- Professional Engineering License Required. Desired states: Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate both internally and externally to the organization.
- Must have sufficient PC skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. MS Project experience is desirable.
- Experience with ETAP, Mathcad Prime, AcSELerator, ASPEN, CAPE, UR EnerVista, or SKM Power Tools preferred.
- Serve on industry committees and associations, as appropriate, where potential clients’ network.
- Capable of managing small projects or tasks on larger scale projects and ability to mentor lesser experienced engineers and technicians.
- Possess ability to learn RLC’s Utility client protection standards and apply
- Proven ability to independently develop proposals which include a scope of work that details the established goals and objectives, clearly defines the deliverables and schedule of work to be performed.
Excellent salary and benefits offered. Please submit resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS.
RLC Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer