RLC Engineering has significant experience with both onshore and offshore wind projects in the northeast. While most of this experience has been acquired in New England and the Canadian Maritimes over the past 10 years, RLC’s staff has also performed wind generation site and interconnection assessments for potential projects in the State of New York.
RLC engineers have performed services for the following types of projects:
- Conceptual design of 34.5 kV interconnection facilities for wind projects, 150 to 300MW
- Conceptual design of 115 kV and 138 kV interconnection facilities for combined cycle and wind projects
RLC engineers have significant experience in the design, management, and procurement and construction oversight of interconnection facilities associated with wind projects including collector systems, transmission lines, interconnection substations, protective relaying and communication needs. We have also evaluated more than a dozen proposed distributed generation projects in Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Vermont under state tariff regulations and requirements. RLC is knowledgeable and familiar with IEEE 1547 Standard for Interconnecting Distributed Resources.
- Transmission & Distribution Interconnected
- 5 kV up to 345 kV
- Wind Turbines: General Electric, Vestas, Siemens, Gamesa
- Transformers: Cooper Power, SPX, Schneider Electric
- Relaying: Schweitzer, General Electric, ABB, Schneider Electric
- PLS CADD