Location: Grand Falls Township, Maine
The Passadumkeag Wind Project is a 13 turbine 39.975 MW wind project interconnected to the Emera Maine 115 kV transmission system. The wind turbines are Vestas V112-3.075 MW wind turbines equipped with the grid streamer control system.
Scope of Services:
- Developed detailed design of the 17-mile combination underground and aerial 34.5 kV collector system to tie 13 wind turbines together.
- Developed detailed design for 115 kV to 34.5 kV collector substation purchased by developer.
- Developed detailed design of a 3 breaker, 115 kV ring-bus switching station.
- Developed design of the transmission line tap via a 115 kV, 3000A three-breaker ring bus switching station.
- Provided construction support services including RFI’s, submittal reviews and onsite visits for installation verifications.
- Managed commissioning activities on all high and medium voltage equipment, and created and executed energization plans.
- Supported associated interconnection applications and utility studies including ISO-NE.
- Served as technical liaison with Transmission Owner and ISO-NE.
- Designed and created project SCADA system.
Received Award of Merit, ENR 2016 Regional Best Project Award