Project Manager - Power Generation
RLC Engineering is seeking a Project Manager to join their team of professionals. The Project Manager is responsible starting from the feasibility study phase through preliminary engineering, detailed design, construction support, testing and commissioning and closeout phases. As well as perform project management functions for the design, financial, scheduling, and construction activities associated with the execution of assigned projects, including new facilities, major additions, rehabilitation and retrofit projects. Incumbent should be knowledgeable and competent in risk management, scope, schedule, and budget development, change order management, quality assurance and control procedures, invoice approvals and payments. Must have the ability to manage multiple projects or programs with minimal oversight for project of any size.
The Project Manager will maintain and enhance existing client relationships and seek out new business opportunities with these clients.
Essential Functions of Position
- Develop and understand technical scope of work along with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), cost estimate, schedule and resource plan for both small and large scale projects
- Demonstrate control of project scope, cost, and schedule parameters / risk management
- Monitor compliance with environmental, safety and RLC standards and policies with emphasis on monitoring adherence to RLC’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices
- Manage engineering and design deliverables including contracted services and administration
- Manage turnover and closeout activities
- Coordinate the technical aspects of project, contributing to technical execution as expertise allows
- Support construction and testing and commissioning activities
- Communicate with the client and manage their expectations
- Identify changes to project scope and obtain change orders as necessary to obtain project completion within budget
- Provide department manager with updates on Earned Values (EV) and with explanations on deviations of projected total Contract Values (CV)
- Generate a project schedule with task and activities interdependencies, to establish start and stop dates associated with major milestones, to estimate time durations that each task or activity will take to complete and to perform critical path analysis.
Key Attributes of Position
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with clients, company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive and collaborative manner
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills along with team leadership
- Knowledge of power generation or utility system design, electrical and civil engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal contracts, purchasing, and accounting practices
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budgetary and time constraints
- Promote a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and efficient resource utilization both throughout the company, the project team(s) and project support groups including sub-consultants
- Seek and promote ‘best practices’ approach to project management within the team, department and company
- Proficiency with PC software applications including the Microsoft Office suite and scheduling tools
- Ability to use scheduling and enterprise resource planning based software applications used in the company
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with 5 years of professional and project management experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Power delivery or generation project management and engineering design experience is desirable.
- Either Professional Engineer (PE) registration or Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification are desirable.