ProjectCanton Mountain Wind Farm
The Canton Wind project consists of 8 – 2.85 MW GEWE wind turbines. This project includes, but is not limited to, the Balance of Plant electrical engineering design work. This design work is necessary for the establishment of a new 115/34.5 kV line terminal at Ludden Lane substation, as well as a 34.5 kV aerial line between the new 34.5 kV line terminal, the ridgeline riser structures, and the 34.5 kV underground system from the ridgeline risers to the wind turbine switchgear. The design work is also essential to the associated communication/SCADA systems.
Scope of Services:
- Developed detailed design of the 5-mile combination underground and aerial 34.5 kV collector system to tie 8 wind turbines together.
- Developed detailed design for 115 kV to 34.5 kV collector substation purchased by developer.
- Provided construction support services including RFI’s, submittal reviews and onsite visits for installation verifications.
- Managed commissioning activities on all high and medium voltage equipment, and created and executed energization plans.
- Supported associated interconnection applications and utility studies including ISO-NE.
- Served as technical liaison with Transmission Owner and ISO-NE.
- Designed and created project SCADA system.