ProjectGeorgia Mountain Wind
The Georgia Mountain Wind project is a 10.0 MW wind project employing 4 – 2.5 Gold Wind turbines. Interconnection to the GMP 34.5 kV transmission system required the establishment of a radial 34.5 kV interconnection facility at the tap facility.
Scope of Services:
- Facilitated the interconnection application process.
- Designed the 34.5 kV underground collector system.
- Developed plan & profile design for 1.3 miles of 34.5 kV aerial collector system down steep grades, and minimized wetland impacts by reducing clearing limits.
- Developed construction and equipment specifications for 34.5 kV collector system.
- Identified and conceptually designed all on site communications, consisting of multi strand fiber optic cabling.
- Coordinated with local ISP to provide backup communications to the site.
- Provided construction review and managed commissioning of the project.
- Served as technical liaison with Transmission Owner and ISO-NE.