ProjectSpruce Mountain Wind
Spruce Mountain Wind consists of 10 – 2.0MW Gamesa G87 Wind Turbines. The project interconnects to a new 34.5 kV three-phase roadside distribution circuit from Woodstock Substation. RLC was hired to facilitate the interconnection process and to serve as the project electrical engineers to design the collector system and communications for construction and for the permit application.
Scope of Services:
- Facilitated the interconnection application process.
- Designed the 34.5 kV underground collector system.
- Developed plan & profile design for 1.3 miles of 34.5 kV aerial collector system down steep grades, and minimized wetland impacts by reducing clearing limits.
- Developed construction and equipment specifications for 34.5 kV collector system.
- Identified and conceptually designed all on site communications, consisting of multi strand fiber optic cabling.
- Coordinated with local ISP to provide backup communications to the site.
- Provided construction review and managed commissioning of the project.
- Served as technical liaison with Transmission Owner and ISO-NE.