Protection & Control Designer
RLC Engineering is seeking a Protection & Controls (P&C) Designer to join their team of professionals. The Designer will work with RLC’s team to develop design construction packages for protective relaying and control systems. The designer will prepare Electrical Schematic Diagrams, Front View Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Bill of Materials, and Cable Schedules by working with a Lead Engineer.
- Create electrical (AC & DC elementary) schematics from One-Line Diagrams.
- Generate control panel layouts, internal point-to-point wiring diagrams, and interconnection diagrams using CAD software. Design documents will include: protective relays, analog/digital meters, local/remote control devices, annunciators, and SCADA systems.
- Organize and submit design packages to meet project schedules. Work to ensure P&C design deliverables are on time and on budget.
- The ability to learn and apply company, client, and industry design standards and safety codes.
- Demonstrate a superior level of technical work quality though all aspects of design and review.
- Perform peer design reviews and deliverable quality control checks.
- Job may include occasional travel. Varying from one to two weeks per year. The ability to work occasional overtime to meet project deadlines.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent) is required.
- Three plus (3+) years of related utility protection and control design experience preferred. Similar electrical consulting, or industrial design experience, will be strongly considered.
- Strong computer skills including the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook). MicroStation and Visio are also preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate both internally and externally to the organization.
Excellent salary and benefits offered. Please submit resume and cover letter.