Senior Electrical Engineer
RLC Engineering is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team of professionals. This position performs a substantial role in electrical engineering design related to Power Generation projects including: job scope development, site layout/routing, design calculations, coordination with CADD process, and production of both preliminary and final design drawings and documentation. As well as interfaces directly with clients to establish new projects and to develop proposals in response to requests for work.
- Perform design studies and demonstrate a good working knowledge of power generation, site layout/routing, design calculations and coordination with CADD process.
- Ability to comprehend and apply industry standards used to design various solar projects as well as offer construction support activities such as RFI, Submittals reviews and site inspections.
- Ability to prepare and review written reports which explain the purpose, methodology, data requirements, design criteria and recommendations and observations.
- Ability to analyze results and develop conclusions on electrical design problems being studied.
- Ability to support preliminary and conceptual engineering or final engineering and final plan production for construction.
- Ability to work independently and with others while maintaining a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to independently develop proposals including a scope of work that details the established goals and objectives and clearly defines the deliverables and schedule of work to be performed.
- Participates and engages in marketing to clients for new work and identifying new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Maintains a program of personal study to expand and improve technical and analytical skills.
- In addition to performing design studies, this individual will have an opportunity to manage and lead certain project tasks and oversee the work performed by other staff members.
- Keep department manager informed of status of all projects relative to pre-established expectations.
- Production of preliminary and final design drawings and documentation;
- Participate in the review of client Requests for Proposal and contribute to the completion of competitive project proposals and bid responses.
Other Functions of Position:
- Serve on industry committees and associations as appropriate where potential clients network.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate within the organization and outside with clients.
- Must have good PC skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Technology degree in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent amount of experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience with employment in engineering work at a professional level.
- Capability of managing small projects or tasks on larger scale projects and ability to mentor lesser experienced engineers and technicians.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
Excellent salary and benefits offered. Please submit resume and cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS.
RLC Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer